What YOU hate about benefits
As an employee benefit broker, I know the number one thing customers HATE about benefits:
PAYING FOR THEM
In a recent informal survey, respondents—employees and employers alike—outlined their main complaints about benefits:
- Lack of coverage
- Wait times for reimbursement
- Technology for some things and not others
- Not understanding their benefits
- Not knowing what they are paying for
- Administration process
- Lack of choice and control over the benefit program
This all translates into communication. By experience, I have found people’s frustrations increase when they are fed misinformation. It’s important for any benefit plan to be success, to know:
- Insurance companies are a for-profit enterprise, just like any other business
- Rates are adjusted based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to:
- Number of participants on a benefit plan (the more employees, the greater the spread of the risk of claims)
- Plan usage, often referred to as claims experience
- Trending of costs in the marketplace
- Inflationary measures—the costs of goods from one year to the next
- Coverage for a program is based on what the employer chooses to include in coverage, which is usually determined by what is affordable to be within budget expectations
- Direct processing to a provider requires that the provider is eligible to receive the claims and the merchant is set up to send the claims. This is not guaranteed but dependent on each business enterprise.
Our goal as a benefit broker is to remove as many friction items as possible. We strive to streamline the processes and communication between, you, the employer (the customer), your employees (plan participants), and the insurance carrier (benefit provider). We do this through constant interaction with the plan administration, enabling technology for accurate and timely administration, and keeping the flow of communication open and consistent.
MP Benefits Inc. is considered a problem solver when it comes to provide benefits as a competitive compensation strategy. We achieve this CONSISTENTLY providing great service, expert knowledge, the best products, customized to the organization, that meet the needs of the employees every day, day after day at the necessary price point.
Did you enjoy this article? It may a “benefit” to have a chat, or at least subscribe to our newsletter.
Read our other articles:
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided, while authoritative, is not guaranteed for accuracy and legality. The site is read by a world-wide audience and employment, taxation, legal vary accordingly. Please seek legal, accounting and human resources counsel from qualified professionals to make certain your legal/accounting/compliance interpretation and decisions are correct for your location. This information is for guidance, ideas, and assistance.