Never “Set it and Leave it”
Benefits is a high touch insurance offering…never a set and leave it proposition. From the initial conversation about the value and purpose to the on-going support, a consultant needs to be there for:
- claims questions, issues and resolution
- employee meetings
- administration concerns
- rate negotiation
- plan amendments
- alignment with other professionals just to name a few
Align compensation with benefits
The alignment with the benefit consultant is imperative to long term success of the plan. Here are some key considerations to remember:
- Have they been recommended? Do they have testimonials and an ability to provide references for the value they offer?
- Are they referrable…would you recommend this person to another business for equal service?
- Are they credible…do they mean what they say with the authority to hold up to industry standards?
- Do they have a profile that is authentic and matches the corporate values?
- Do they understand company culture and how the benefit plan interacts in an integral way to the overall professional culture of the company?
- Are they a relationship builder? Remember, the intersection between you and the benefit provider is the consultant. Do they have a long standing relationship with this company?
- Can they make the corporation look proficient to eliminate in-house patchwork?
- Predictable and reliable…when you call | e-mail | connect, they are there without long delays.
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided, while authoritative, is not guaranteed for accuracy and legality. The site is read by a world-wide audience and employment, taxation, legal vary accordingly. Please seek legal, accounting and human resources counsel from qualified professionals to make certain your legal/accounting/compliance interpretation and decisions are correct for your location. This information is for guidance, ideas, and assistance.