Twenty Advantages of Employee Group Benefits
- As many employees do not own a Life Policy that is not connected to a mortgage or a loan, sometimes the only insurance they have is through their employer.
- Life Insurance provides a corporate policy in the event of an employees death
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit provides a lump sum payment to ease changes in lifestyles as well as unexpected deaths.
- Disability coverage initiates a corporate policy in the event of an injury or illness. What is the corporate policy in the event of a disability of a valued, long-standing employee?
- A group policy, without medical evidence being required in most instances, provides for 24-hour coverage for all benefits, including disability insurance.
- Provides Out-of-Country emergency care for business or pleasure, so the need for individual travel insurance is reduced, often eliminated.
- Drug coverage is available, without undue restrictions, by submission of receipts or through pay-direct drug cards.
- Employee Assistance Programs provide 24-hour counselling services.
- Health and dental coverage for those day-to-day expenditures to keep a family healthy.
- Conversion privileges are available for both life and disability products.
- Provides a tax-deductible alternative to a raise in pay.
- Benefits are less expensive than a raise because there are no additional increases in CPP, EI or WCB payments.
- Helps attract and retain key employees.
- Increases productivity and the quality of employees’ work.
- Healthier employees reduce turnover and absenteeism.
- Group insurance is an investment in a company’s well being, rather than an expense.
- Increases morale and gives the company a leg-up over the competition.
- No in-the box plans. Custom designed benefits, specifically tailored to the corporate needs, assist in achieving corporate goals and objectives.
- Employees and employers receive benefits without having to belong to an association, where membership fees are usually required.
- Employees and their families are protected against devastating and catastrophic events.
Did you enjoy this article? It may a “benefit” to have a chat, or at least subscribe to our newsletter.
Read our other articles:
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided, while authoritative, is not guaranteed for accuracy and legality. The site is read by a world-wide audience and employment, taxation, legal vary accordingly. Please seek legal, accounting and human resources counsel from qualified professionals to make certain your legal/accounting/compliance interpretation and decisions are correct for your location. This information is for guidance, ideas, and assistance.